Hederman Brothers began modestly in 1898, with brothers Robert and Tom Hederman working in a second story office over a Chinese laundry and barbershop in Jackson, Mississippi. By 1907, Hederman Brothers had moved to East Pearl Street where it would reside for the next 85 years. In 1928, Hederman Brothers purchased the first offset printing press to operate in Mississippi. After forty years of steady growth, Robert’s sons, Zach and Henry, assumed control of the thriving company in 1938.
In 1955, Hederman Brothers installed their first two color offset press. Hederman Brothers purchased their first electronic typesetting system in 1965 and shared it with The Clarion-Ledger. In 1982, Henry and his son, Hap, purchased the printing company from the other family members with plans of expanding the 40,000 square-foot office in downtown Jackson.
With business and technology booming in 1993, Hederman Brothers purchased their first Heidelberg 40″ six color press with aqueous coating capability and embraced another challenge, moving 7 miles north to Ridgeland, Mississippi and nearly doubling the size of the downtown printing facility. With computers becoming more popular and efficient, Hederman Brothers installed a digital pre-press system in 1994, which included graphic design workstations, color scanning, electronic stripping, digital proofing and direct to film output.
In 1998, Hederman Brothers celebrated its 100th anniversary and became a part of Master Graphics, a large printing consolidator located in Memphis, Tennessee.
In August of 1999, Hederman Brothers became the first and only commercial printing company in Mississippi to be registered ISO 9001:1994 Quality Standards. In March 2009, we recertified to the latest ISO Quality Standards: ISO 9001:2008.
The first day of 2001, Hederman Brothers would challenge itself again and break away from the 18 divisions of Master Graphics to become a privately held Mississippi corporation.
2005 brought a new division to Hederman Brothers, Hederman Direct. With the addition of this department, we also added digital presses to our mix.
In 2006, Doug Hederman was named President of Hederman Brothers and COO in 2008. With the passing of Hap Hederman in 2009, Doug became CEO of Hederman Brothers. Along with his responsibilities at Hederman Brothers, Doug also serves on many community boards: Board of Directors of Greater Jackson Partnership, Mississippi Baptist Health System, Young Life of Central Mississippi, the Powers & Lake Foundation, MS Junior Golf Association and Lantern Medical Clinic.
Hederman Brothers has continued to grow in 2010 with the addition on an iGen3 digital press along with adding software for Cross Media Campaigns (direct mail, email blast, text messaging, and mapping).