About the Mississippi District Office
The Mississippi District Office serves the northern 70 counties, while the Gulfport Branch Office serves the 12 most southern counties.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following describes briefly all the services and information available through this office:
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders. In Fiscal Year 2007, Nationally, SBA approved 110,275 loans totaling $20.6 billion exceeding loans made in FY 2006 (107,233 for $20.25 billion).
- Free counseling, advice and information on starting, better operating or expanding a small business through (SCORE) Counselors to America’s Small Business.
- Assistance to businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals through the Minority Enterprise Development Program.
- Women’s Business Ownership Representatives are available to advise women business owners.
- Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in international trade.
- If you’re a veteran, you can get business counseling and information about SBA guaranteed loans.
For more information https://www.sba.gov/offices/district/ms/jackson